This is the second Frittata on our Cast Iron Journey this year and it was so good! I loved the addition of leeks to the mushrooms and spinach because it gave it a delicious depth of flavor.
You can make this as you meal prep for the week and have a great meal to use for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Just divide it into “pie” triangle slices and use it as a protein to grab on the go. It’s healthy and easy. Check it out:
- 2 Leeks, white and green parts sliced and cut in half
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Spinach, fresh
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 6 large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp coconut milk (or any type of milk you like)
- 1/2 tsp dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes, to liking
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, or ghee
- Start by prepping your veggies: wash and cut, leeks can always use a little extra wash!
- Preheat the broiler (or if you don’t have a broiler you can put your oven on 500 F).
- Combine the eggs, milk, thyme, salt, and red pepper flakes into a bowl and whisk.
- Heat the olive oil in your skillet over medium heat. Add in the mushrooms and leeks to soften, then add the garlic and spinach, waiting for the spinach to wilt.
- Pour the eggs over the veggies in your skillet with the heat still on medium and cook. It’s helpful to move a spatula along the side to see how the eggs are cooking and to spread some of the eggs into the crack as you are doing so. Wait until the eggs are set on the bottom and still wet on top.
- Transfer your skillet carefully to the oven and set under the broiler. Watch it closely until it is set and lightly browned!
- Bon appetit!
Check out our Kitchen Tallow for maintaining and seasoning your cast iron:
Join our journey on Facebook:
Until next week, enjoy! <3 Kate